ITU Computer Engineering Undergraduate Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, www.abet.org, (Criteria: Computer Engineering).
Computer Engineering Bachelor of Science Program ABET Information
Istanbul Technical University, Ayazaga Campus, Faculty of Computer and Informatics Engineering, Maslak, Sarıyer, Istanbul, 34469, Turkey
Accreditation Page Link
PEOs – Program Educational Objectives
Produce successful practitioners of computer engineering who
1. apply computer engineering principles to address the technological challenges of the future in their careers.
2. create technologies to meet the needs of the society by applying modern computer engineering techniques in industrial or research projects, at national or international levels.
3. make technological decisions based on ethical, societal considerations in industrial/research projects, at national and international levels.
4. demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills in professional work environments.
SOs – Student Outcomes (1-7)
Please click here to reach the student outcomes before the year 2018.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.